Friday, October 17, 2008

Office plant stolen

This post has nothing to do with fall plants. I had to vent my anger over a loser at work. I have a co-worker named Gloria who is a plant nut like myself. Time permitting, we converse on the subject of plants. I often will bring additional plants from home for her to display at work. Gloria had a plant called the Lipstick plant. She grew it from a cutting and was about to flower. This plant over night on Thursday was stolen. Gloria would have been more than happy to grow a cutting for the person. Instead they just stole it. I joked with Gloria that I would bring in a poison ivy plant and label it rare, expensive and do not touch. Why would a person steal a plant worth a few dollars? I don't wish anything bad for this person, but if they fell off a cliff, I wouldn't be overly concerned....

1 comment:

Wicked Gardener said...

This is so funny - I "stole" my boss' plant from her desk this weekend. She works all the time, including weekends, so I'm sure she is wondering what happened to it. It had aphids and was looking pretty scraggly so I'm giving some TLC and sunshine. (I've been threatening to do it for a while now.) Call it a plant vacation. I hope the lipstick plant is on one too and comes back soon!!!